What does the Parent Council do?
The main functions of the Parent Council are:
- To promote partnership between the school, pupils, parents and the wider community
- To develop and promote parental engagement in activities which support learning and the welfare of the pupils
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils
- To co-ordinate fundraising activities for the benefit of the school community
Who are the Parent Council?
The Parent Council is a group of parents selected by members of the parents forum to represent all the parents of the children. The Parent Council also has a very active Fundraising group, called FAS (Fundraisers for Auchtergaven School).
Please click on the links below for:
- Constitution for Auchtergaven Parent Council
- Committee roles and responsibilities
- Procedure for fund spending decisions
Parent Council Members
CHAIR – Katie Brunton
SECRETARY – Danielle Parys
TREASURER – Stacy McDonald
Lynsey Hood – FAS chair